I really thought we would lose the green pigeon. He was losing weight daily. He wouldn't eat on his own and was throwing up a lot of what we were putting down his throat. He had terrible diarrhea. He acted as if he had been poisoned.
If he was dyed, it is possible the dye was the source of the poison. A local vet told us at Wild Bird Rescue that birds can absorb dye through the feathers. We couldn't find any trace of dye on the skin, so absorption through the feathers would be a source.
Yesterday I went by to check on him and he was starting to pick up some seed on his own and had gained a couple of grams from the day prior. This was great news as he had lost so much weight that he was in danger of having his internal organs shut down. He isn't out of the woods yet, but there is at least more hope.