Tuesday, January 20, 2009

TOS Meetings


One of the reasons for joining a birding organization like the Texas Ornithological Society is to go to meetings and participate in field trips to learn more about birds. The TOS recently held its winter meeting in Bay City. I wasn't able to go and reading the meeting report from Ron Weeks, TOS President on TEXBIRDS was enough to make me regret the fact that I had other commitments. For those interested in what you may have missed, the full report is at http://www.texasbirds.org/_mgxroot/page_10779.html.


The next meeting is scheduled for April 23 - 25 in Austin. Of course, I am supposed to be teaching a class on the 25th, so I won't be able to make that meeting either. Sigh....

Mark your calendar now--the field trips are always fun and there are some excellent birders who can help you improve your birding skills.


Good Birding!

No comments: