Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Report of Wood Ducks and Townsend's Solitaire

After the Master Naturalist meeting tonight, I was talking to member Lisa Gunnell and she mentioned seeing some wood ducks in the creek behind American National Bank recently. Although wood ducks are in this area, I don't often see them so I will have to make it a point to stop by that area a few times over the next few days--it is only a few blocks from my office.

That reminded me that Terry McKee mentioned seeing a Townsend's Solitaire out near Lake Arrowhead State Park a few weeks back. This is much more uncommon and would be a life bird for me. I haven't had a chance to go out that way. We had the ice storm after the meeting and I haven't gotten to it yet. I will try to make a trip this weekend, if not before. Hope I haven't missed it.

Good birding!

No comments: