Saturday, March 7, 2009

Friday Afternoon Delight

There are some Friday afternoons when it seems no one is working. Yesterday was one of those days and finally about 3 PM, I gave up. Besides, I didn't feel much like working myself. It seems there should be some bennie to owning your own business.

Anyway, I decided to make a stop at Lucy Park on my way home. I haven't been there in a while and several of my birding friends said they haven't seen many birds in the park in the past year. I wasn't really dressed for a long walk, but decided to take a short walk down to the waterfall (which was turned off) and back--about a mile round trip. Of course, I got involved and ended up continuing on the trail beyond the park down behind the MPEC along the river. In the proper shoes I would probably have continued to Williams Park, but not yesterday.

Considering it was the middle of the afternoon, the birding wasn't all that bad.

The birds: great blue heron, yellow-rumped warbler, mallard, cardinal, blue jay, Carolina wren, belted kingfisher, pied-billed grebe, black crested tufted titmouse, mourning dove, rock pigeon, brown-headed cowbird, Carolina chickadee, dark-eyed junco, and great-tailed grackle.

Good birding!

No comments: