Saturday, June 27, 2009

What is This Duck











Excuse the horrible photos--good thing I don't make a living that way. Difficult to hold a wriggling duck and take a picture too. Anyway...Got a new baby duck today at Wild Bird Rescue. We have been getting dozens of mallards, but this little guy is not a mallard. I don't know what he is. I suppose he could be a domestic duck, but his markings are very distinctive, which I haven't previously seen with domestic ducks that have come it. The person who brought him in said he was in the middle of the road in Burkburnett, TX (northern Wichita County) and they were unable to locate mother or siblings. I took some pictures. They are a little blurry as the little guy doesn't like being photographed, but I hope they are clear enough. His legs and feet have a very distinctive greenish coloring.

Anyone have any ideas?

Good Birding!

No comments: