Friday, December 25, 2009

Blizzard of '09


We have to name everything, don't we? Wichita Falls had a record-breaking snowfall yesterday, and there is already a Facebook group called "I Survived the Blizzard of '09."
I am glad I don't have to be outside for any length of time today, although it is supposed to be sunny and no more snow. However, it is cold. Right now it is 18 degrees.
The birds gobbled down the seed yesterday. I had to refill most of the feeders this AM. The snow was over the top of my boots.
Later I am going to get out some fresh water, although I imagine there will be a little bit out there once the sun hits the icicles.
The snow yesterday brought my first Harris' sparrows to my feeders. I also had a red-winged blackbird. I do occasionally have one or two when the weather is especially bad.
It should be a good day for bird watching out my windows.
Merry Christmas and Good Birding!


No comments: