Sunday, April 1, 2012

Texas Ornithological Society Spring Meeting

The Texas Ornithological Society (TOS) will hold its spring meeting in Port Aransas, May 3 - 6. I am planning to go. I've sent in my registration form, so I am committed to it now. I have only gone to one other TOS meeting, and that was a few years ago. They always come at a bad time for me.

In addition to some awesome field trips at a perfect time of year for migrants, a special treat will be a fundraiser for the TOS Sanctuaries Fund. A group of grade school kids is going to do a mini Big Day to raise money. You can make a pledge here.

It should be a good time, with the promise of some great birds as well. If anyone from this area wants to go, contact me at txbirds@gmail.com and perhaps we can carpool.

Good birding!

No comments: