Monday, February 11, 2013

Great Backyard Bird Count

The Great Backyard Bird Count is this weekend. I plan to bird every day for a while. If you want to go, message me and we'll connect. I try to bird at least Lucy Park and Lake Wichita Park. I haven't decided if I will try to add to my Texas Century Club count or perhaps try several spots along the city trail system.

Smith's Gardentown is doing a count at their store all day on Saturday.

The Rolling Plains chapter Texas Master Naturalist usually has a public count out behind Wild Bird Rescue. I haven't heard about a definite time/date. I'll post as soon as I hear something.

This is a great activity to do with kids, whether you know much about birds or not. You can participate for as little as 15 minutes.

I hope you find the time to take part sometime over the weekend.

Good birding!

No comments: