Tuesday, November 1, 2011

More Feederwatchers Needed

One birding activity I have participated in for many years is Project Feederwatch. I wrote about this in a previous post.

I have signed up, got my feeder pole up and when I get home from my trip to North Carolina (visiting my daughter and her husband and waiting for new granddaughter, Amelia, to make her appearance,) will clean and put up more feeders in anticipation of the Feederwatch season, which starts on November 12th.

I always have fun with Project Feederwatch. I pay more attention to my birds on days that I am counting and have the added enjoyment of knowing my data is helping us learn more about birds. You don't have to be an expert; you just have to put up a feeder, watch the birds that visit, and update your data.

More than 50,000 people take part in Project Feederwatch each year. This is the 25th year for Project Feederwatch--a great time to get involved. Cornell University is actively recruiting new observers, so get involved.

Good birding!

No comments: