Sunday, January 6, 2013

So Far, A Boring Project Feederwatch Year

I have participated in Project Feederwatch (PFW) for many years, regularly recording the birds visiting my feeders and updating the sightings in the PFW database.

This year has been exceedingly boring. The primary I have seen are house sparrows, white-winged doves and Eurasian collared doves. We did get some colder weather and some snow over the past few weeks. Consequently, I did finally have a couple of Inca doves, dark-eyed juncos and house finches show on Feederwatch days. But overall, the year has been pretty discouraging. I just don't have the same habitat in my yard that encourages birds. But even very common birds tell Cornell something. So we'll keep observing, recording and reporting the data.

Good birding!

No comments: