Thursday, February 25, 2010

Duckie and the Grackle at the Kemp

This evening I attended a program put on by Duckie and the Grackle (also known as Glenn and Cherie McBride) at the Kemp Center for the Arts to support Wild Bird Rescue. I really wasn't in the best frame of mind to go and almost missed it, but fortunately for me, I didn't.

I remembered the event at the last minute as I was attending another function--fortunately for me, someone asked me about it so I could dash over to the Kemp in time. Although there were some equipment glitches, the program by Glenn and Cherie was interesting--highlighting their art work, poetry and music. Additionally, some funds were raised to support bird rehab and education programs in our community. Best of all, the McBrides just seemed to be just very nice, interesting people.

Duckie and the Grackle will be at the Home and Garden Festival this weekend, so stop by their booth and let them know how much you appreciate their support for the birds (and buy some artwork!)

Good birding!

No comments: