Monday, September 23, 2024

Where Did My Squirrels Go?




 In April, I was complaining in this blog about one of the squirrels eating my spider plant. My husband came in the other day and asked me, "Have you seen our squirrels lately? I don't think I have seen them in a few days."

Thinking about it, I know it has been almost a week since I have seen any. We have three that regularly hang out in our yard, eating sunflower seeds from our feeder. I can see that one might get picked off by a predator, but three at once? Unlikely. The dogs still charge out the back door and look up in the tree where the squirrels hang out, but have been regularly disappointed. I miss watching the antics of the squirrels and the dogs.

I am hoping one of the neighbors didn't decide to poison the squirrels, since poisoned animals often end up prey of birds of prey, killing them as well. 

Of course, if the neighbors did kill the squirrels, others will move in at some point. In the meantime, the sunflower seed is lasting longer.

Good birding!

No comments: